FireBox Overview

Refractory Walled Air Curtain Burners For Wood Waste Disposal
by Air Burners, Inc. USA

Above Ground Portable FireBox Systems for Landfills, the Agricultural and Forest Industries, Bushfire Mitigation, Invasive and Diseased Tree Disposal and Disaster Recovery Operations


General Description

S-119 Australia

The S-Series machines are portable units. All fireboxes are transported on a super tilt to the site. They are completely self-contained and do not require any setup or teardown. They can be used for portable applications as well as semi-permanent applications.

The refractory lined fire box allows for more controlled burns without the need for an earthen pit or trench. The S-Series units are loaded over the top and the ash is removed by scooping it out with an excavator.  The twin doors at the rear of the machine allow for the removal of the remaining ash before site removal.  If the unit is not being relocated, the remaining ash is not removed and is used for a hot start with new material. The area inside the refractory walls is open to the ground.

The patented air disbursement manifold system is mounted on one side of the combustion pit so that the loading of waste to be processed can be facilitated from the opposite side. The principle of the air curtain concept is optimised with this design. High velocity air is directed across and downwards at an angle into the pit creating the air curtain on top and a rotational turbulence within the pit itself. The rotational turbulence provides an oxygen-enriched environment within the combustion zone which accelerates the combustion process by raising the temperatures within the pit to approximately 1,000°C.

The high velocity air curtain traps the unburned particulates. The end result achieves nearly 100% combustion with minimal escaped particulate and opacity below 10%. The vertical refractory walls not only enhance the efficiency of the air curtain principle, but also aid in the combustion process by retaining and reflecting the high temperatures generated within the chamber.

S-327 in Full Operation
(View from Rear)

S-119 - Full Operation
(Wood Waste Disposal Australia)

The volume of material that can be processed per hour is a function of density of the waste material, its moisture content, the employed loading techniques and the time period in which optimum temperatures in the pit can be retained. Upon completion of the combustion stage, the waste material will be reduced in bulk by 98% leaving only 2% in volume as residual ash.

The residual ash from wood waste can either be retrieved and sold, or it can be mixed with the soil right at the location, as the material is non-polluting and becomes a generally desirable soil enhancer.

The S-Series Air Curtain Systems have been engineered and are being manufactured to help meet our ongoing challenges in the volume reduction of various waste streams, and in the recycling of residual waste products through environmentally friendly and economically sound methods. Air Burners Air Curtain Systems are built to last, and incorporate state-of-the-art design and engineering concepts to achieve unparalleled performance.


Air Burners, Inc. Home Page

Organic Matter Solutions P/L
Authorised Australian Contractors for Air Burners, Inc.
Email: info@organicmattersolutions.com


The Words "Air Burners", "airburners" , "BurnBoss", "PGFireBox" and the Air Burners Logos are Registered Trademarks of Air Burners, Inc.

Last Updated April 24, 2017 by Perfect Hit, LLC.
Contact webmaster for any issues regarding this Web Site